For information about the test operations, see Test Operations . When you define a boolean operation, you can define zero or more children for the operation.
- Right-click the name or the number corresponding to the Boolean operation.
- Click Add new child and choose one of the available condition types to add.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have added all of the desired child conditions for the Boolean operation.When you right-click the name or the number corresponding to a Boolean operation, you see the Add new sibling menu option. A sibling is another condition at the same relative position in the condition hierarchy as the Boolean operation that you right-clicked. Adding a new sibling for a Boolean operation is the same as adding a new condition by right-clicking the Condition or Log Entry Condition parameter.
- Right-click the name of the child condition or the number corresponding to the child condition that you want to remove from the Boolean operation.
- Click Remove <* #number *>, where number is the number corresponding to the child condition that you want to remove.
The And condition can have zero or more child conditions and returns true when none of its children nodes return false.
The And condition forms the root operation of all condition testing within the data workbench server. If the And condition contains no children, the condition evaluates to true and the associated operation proceeds. This is why actions that have only the And condition as the condition test always execute and why it is used as the root for all condition tests.
This example shows how an And condition is used to make sure that the Copy transformation occurs when only both the date of the log entry occurred in the year 2006 and that the page requested was /products/purchase.asp.
The Neither condition can have zero or more child conditions and returns false if any of its child conditions evaluate to true. If the Neither condition contains no children, none of its children can return true. As a result, the Neither condition evaluates to true.
The following example shows a Neither condition with two Range conditions as its children. 如所定义，该条 Neither 件不包括在2007年1月1日至2007年1月10日之间或在2007年1月12日至2007年1月14日期间发生的日志条目。 在已知数据收集有问题的时 Log Entry Condition 间段内，这种条件可用作消除数据集中的事务。
The Or condition can have zero or more child conditions and returns true if at least one of its child conditions evaluate to true. If the Or condition contains no children, none of its children can return true. As a result, the Or condition evaluates to false.
This example shows the Or condition with a String Match condition and a Range condition as its children. The Or condition is satisfied only if the log entry has the x-hasproblem value set to yes or the log entry occurred during the time range January 1, 2007, to January 10, 2007.