The following administration tools are available for managing websites and pages:
You can efficiently create content for multinational and multilingual sites through the combined use of the Multi Site Manager and the translation workflow. Create a master site in one language, for a specific country, then use that content as a basis for the other sites, using translation where required:
- Translate the master site into different languages.
- Use Multi Site Manager to:
- Re-use content from the master site, and the translations, to create sites for other countries and cultures.
- Make sure to limit the use of Multi Site Manager to content within one language, e.g. English master -> English language branches in country sites, French master -> French language branches in country sites.
- Where required, detach elements of the live copies to add localization details.
The following diagram illustrates how the main concepts intersect (but does not show all levels/elements involved):
MSM does not manage the different language versions as such. MSM manages the deployment of translated content from a blueprint (e.g. a global master) to the live copies (e.g. the local sites), within the boundaries of a language.
Managing languages, and translating content into different languages, happens with the translation integration capabilities of AEM, in conjunction with third-party translation management services.
Thank you for submitting your feedback.