- AEM 6.2.0, Author node
- cq-6.2.0-hotfix-12785 (required for Service Pack 1)
- Service Pack 1 (AEM-6.2-Service-Pack-1)
- Assets Dynamic Media Feature Pack 2 (cq-6.2.0-featurepack-12692)
- Autodesk® FBX® SDK 2016.1.2
This Feature Pack is supported for AEM Author nodes only; AEM Publish nodes of 3D assets are not currently available.
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft Windows 2012 Server.
- Apple OS X El Capitan version 10.6 or later.
Linux is currently not supported.
Supported web browsers
- Google Chrome 53 or later (recommended).
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later.
- Firefox 48 or later.
- Microsoft Edge 25.10586 or later.
Other browsers may not support interactive viewing of 3D content in AEM. Only Google Chrome supports cast shadows in Preview.
Hardware requirements and recommendations
- CPU - 3D processing and rendering is very demanding on a computer's CPU. As such, a contemporary server with a minimum of eight CPU cores is recommended.
- Memory - A minimum of 64GB is recommended.
- Mass storage - High bandwidth SSD storage is recommended.
On upload, 3D assets are converted to a proprietary format for fast, interactive viewing in AEM. Besides the proprietary format, native Autodesk Maya files are converted to FBX. Depending on the type of 3D asset, storage space of 2-3x the size of the uploaded 3D asset is required.