This section provides highlights of the AEM 6.3 Forms release. A detailed description of all new features can be found in the Summary of new features and enhancements in AEM 6.3 Forms.
You are reading the AEM 6.3 version of AEM Forms.
This documentation is also available for the following versions: AEM 6.2
- Adaptive Form Editor
- Added support for JSON schema for creating Adaptive Forms
- Added CAPTCHA component and default validations for components
- Enabled asynchronous submission of Adaptive Forms
- Improved end-user experience
- Enabled autofill for form fields
- Enabled rich text for text box components
- Added support for specialized HTML5 input types (i.e. keyboards) for form fields
- Introduced testing frameworks
- Enabled debugging Adaptive Forms using new Google Chrome plug-in
- Enabled automated testing of Adaptive Forms
- Rule Editor
- Introduced roles to control who can view/modify rules
- Enabled multi-value form components to display the component options automatically
- Added visual hints in code editor
- Theme Editor
- Added support for using web fonts in a theme
- Added support for recently-used styles in Theme Editor
- Added option to turn on/off styles used in a theme
- Document of Record
- Simplified management of Document of Record branding
- Added table and column layouts for panels in Document of Record which is not XDP-based
- AEM translation workflow used to localize Document of RecordTODO
- Introduced a new AEM Forms Data Integration capability to connect to various backend systems
- Included new editor for a unified data representation of business entities across connected data sources
- Includes out-of-the-box connectors for relational databases - MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle RDBMS, AEM user profile, RESTful web services and SOAP-based web services
- Added capability to use AEM Workflow to rapidly build forms-centric workflows
- Significantly enhanced capabilities to support for example single and multiple-user signing workflows, sequential and simultaneous signing workflows or signing forms as an anonymous or logged-in user
- Use the AEM Desktop App to synchronize XDP files and edit them directly from Designer (upload of modifications restricted to forms power users)
- Added support for iPhone and Android smartphones.
- AEM Forms App now supports Apache Cordova 6.4.0.
- Enabled copy and paste of formatted text in letters and text modules
- Added a way to insert special characters in letters and text editor
- Enabled text highlighting with colors
- Enabled the quick creation of assets and letters similar to existing ones
- Added folder support to organize assets
- Search and filter in your content
- Integrating Correspondence Management as a third-party application in AEM Forms workspace
- Added support for Microsoft Office 2016
- Enabled native AEM search to find document security protected Microsoft Office documents
- Added support for third-party authentication in AEM Document Security Extension for Microsoft Office
Was this helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback.