Dispatcher is Adobe Experience Manager's caching and/or load balancing tool. Using AEM's Dispatcher also helps to protect your AEM server from attack. Therefore, you can increase the security of your AEM instance by using the Dispatcher in conjunction with an enterprise-class web server.
The process for deploying a Dispatcher is independent of the web server and OS platform chosen:
- Learn about Dispatcher (this page). Also, see frequently asked questions about dispatcher.
- Install a supported web server according to the web server documentation.
- Install the Dispatcher module on your web server and configure the web server accordingly.
- Configure Dispatcher (the dispatcher.any file).
- Configure AEM so that content updates invalidate the cache.
Use the following information as required: