Combine both timestamped and non-timestamped data into a single report suite.
Timestamps Optional lets you:
- Mix timestamped and non-timestamped data in the same global report suite.
- Send timestamped data from a mobile app to a global report suite.
- Upgrade apps to use offline tracking without having to create a new report suite.
If you use Timestamps Optional, do not set s.visitorID on data that is already timestamped. This can lead to out-of-order data and negatively impact time calculations (such as time spent values), attribution (eVar persistence), visit number/visit counts, and pathing reports.
Timestamp-enabled session data is kept for up to 92 days. This means that a visit/session will be "held open" for 92 days while any additional hit - that isn't 30 minutes after the previous hit (in hit time) - can still be included in the same visit/session. Any "old" hits that are received out of order will produce "unknown" results, since a number of factors (segmentation, allocation, expiration, etc.) influence whether these hits will be included in reporting or not.
New Report Suites
- If created from a template, a new report suite defaults to Timestamps Optional.(You can create a new report suite from a template at Admin > Report Suites > Create New > Report Suite .)
- If copied from an existing report suite, then the new report suite inherits the timestamp setting from the original, including:
- Timestamps not allowed (setting s.visitorID supported)
- Timestamps required (setting s.visitorID not supported)
- Timestamps optional (setting s.visitorID supported but not on timestamped hits)
To change existing report suites to Timestamps Optional
- Go to Admin > Report Suites > Edit Settings > General > Timestamp Configuration .
- Select the Convert selected report suites to Timestamps Optional box.This will change your report suite to Timestamps Optional.
If a report suite was set to Timestamps Optional , to change this to any other setting, please contact Adobe Client Care.