Pull published assets into Power BI Desktop
Explains how to pull Report Builder-published assets into Power BI Desktop
- You need to have the latest Power BI Desktop version installed (April 2017 release)
- This process assumes that you have already published Report Builder formatted tables or requests to the Power BI Service.
In the April 2017 update of Power BI Desktop, Microsoft released the ability to connect to datasets in the Power BI service. This feature allows you to create new reports off existing datasets you've already published to the cloud. You can leverage this feature to better collaborate and reduce duplicate efforts across your team.
- In Power BI Desktop, go to File > Options and settings > Options > Preview features.
- Enable Power BI Service Live Connection and click OK .
- Restart Power BI Desktop.
- Once you have restarted the desktop, go to Home > Get Data > More... .
- Search for and select Power BI service .
- Under Microsoft Power BI service > My Workspace , select the dataset that you had previously published from Report Builder.
For more information, see this Microsoft blog post .