Report schedule and distribution
Information about scheduling, downloading and distributing reports.
When you schedule a report for delivery in an Adobe Analytics application, you can use the Scheduling and Distribution tools to view what files have been automatically sent and modify or terminate the deliveries.
Due to differences in processing mechanisms and platforms, the various types of downloadable and scheduled reports available in Adobe Analytics have different limitations regarding the maximum number of rows they can process in a single request. Here are the limits of each:
- Word, CSV, Excel, HTML and PDF: The same number of rows visible in the report. By default this limit is 50 rows but can increase up to 200. Breakdown reports have a hard limit of 50 rows.
- Data Extracts: 50,000 rows
- Data Warehouse: Unlimited
These limitations are for individual scheduled and downloaded reports; dashboards are limited to the amount of space available within a reportlet.
The "Delivery Time"/"Time of Day" entered by the user specifies the time that the report should begin processing, not the time that it will actually be delivered. The actual time that the report will be delivered is based primarily on how long it takes to process (complex and large reports take longer to process than simpler reports). For example, if a report takes 15 minutes to process, then the actual delivery time will be at least 15 minutes past the originally specified "Delivery Time"/"Time of Day". In addition, there are a number of other factors that can further increase the delay before the report is actually delivered:
- Running many different schedules of the same type at the same time (e.g., many Dashboards, etc.) can overload the system. The Scheduling system only allows a few (5-10) reports of any one type to run concurrently, so when more than 5-10 are all scheduled at once, some will need to wait in line for other reports to finish before they can begin processing. This issue can be mitigated by scheduling a company's reports at staggered times throughout the day or hour, rather than simultaneously.
- Aside from the specific report type (Dashboards, etc.), reports will also wait in line if the company has more than 15-20 of any type of report scheduled at once (across all different report types) . This can be mitigated by staggering schedule times instead of having many run at the exact same time.
- Issues in downstream services that the Scheduler relies on can also affect delivery of reports. For example, if you are independently using the APIs to run reports and fill up the API request queue, then your scheduled reports may deliver slowly while you compete for that resource.
- Report suite latency (a delay in data collection) can also delay some scheduled reports.
Send a report
Steps that describe how to download and email reports in a variety of formats, and schedule a report for delivery.
- Run a report, then click More > Send .
- Specify delivery options:OptionDescriptionFormatSelect PDF or HTML.Send ToProvide an email address to receive the report.SubjectSubject of the email.SchedulingSelect to send the report immediately or at a different interval.
- Click Advanced Delivery Options to specify a delivery schedule.
Report File Name
Specifies the name of the report. The default format is <report name> for <suite> - <report date range> . To specify a custom name, select Custom.
Lets you specify PDF, CSV, Excel, HTML, Word, or Mobile formats for delivery. If you select CSV, you can also specify the encoding for CSV:
Send Digital Signature File
When you request a report, such as a bookmarked report or Data Warehouse requests, you can request a data signature. Adobe's digital signature doesn't restrict who has access to the data, but the purpose of the Digital Signature File (.sig) is to verify the validity of the delivered report file. Using the digital signature, report recipients can verify that the file came from Adobe and has not been altered.
- Click Scheduling Options .
Send Report Now
Sends the report immediately.
Schedule for Later
Displays options to specify a time frame and delivery options.
Report Time Frame
Fixed : Prevents the date from advancing as time passes. Rolling : Allows the date to advance as time passes. Some considerations:
End Delivery Options
Print a report
Steps that describe how to print a report.
- Run a report.
- Click More > Print .
Download a report using basic options
Download detailed information about a specific report in PDF, CSV, Excel, or Raw Data Export formats.
- In Analytics > Reports , select a report to view.
- Click Download .
- Select the desired format for the report:
If you use one of the raw export formats to download a report and the page name is blank, Adobe Analytics likely has not had enough time to process the data. Download the report at a later time.
- PDF : Specifies that the report will be downloaded in Adobe PDF, which lets you share the report with others, regardless of which computer system the recipient is running.
- CSV : Specifies that the report will be downloaded in .csv (comma-separated values format).
- Excel : Specifies that the report will be downloaded in Microsoft Excel format, which lets you share the report with other who can open it in a spreadsheet program.
- Word : Specifies that the report will be downloaded in Microsoft Word format.
Manage scheduled reports
Information about managing scheduled reports.
In the Schedule Reports Manager, you can edit and delete recurring report deliveries. You can create delivery schedules that send your reports via email or FTP to a specified address. You can configure these schedules to automatically send the reports at specified intervals for a duration of time or indefinitely, or stop the delivery of a recurring report.
The Schedule Report Manager shows the items that a specific user has created. If the user account is disabled in the application, all scheduled deliveries stop.
- To access the manager, click Analytics > Components > Scheduled Reports .
Share a report link
Steps that describe how to share a report by generating a report link (URL) to send to another user.
When the recipient clicks the link, the system requests login credentials (company name, user name, and password). After logging in, the recipient is shown the report generated by the original user. Standard permission restrictions apply.
To share a report link
- Run a report.
- Click More > Link to This Report .
Unsubscribe from scheduled reports
You can unsubscribe from scheduled reports. You will no longer receive the report even if your user name is re-added to the scheduled report.
In order for you to again receive the report, a new schedule needs to be created.
To unsubscribe from a scheduled report:
- Bring up the email with the link to the report from which you want to unsubscribe.
- Click the click here link next to To cancel automatic delivery of this report .
- Confirm that you want to cancel the report delivery.This workflow is the same whether you are the report scheduler or the report recipient.
Unsubscribing from a report does not cancel the scheduled report.
To cancel a scheduled report, navigate to the Schedule Manager and click on the red X next to the report name. More...