Here is a simple use case: You are a content owner and you want to see which pages contributed to (participated in) visits that contained an order. Here's how:
You used to have to do this via the Admin Tools. You can still enable participation metrics in the Admin Tools, but only for custom events 1 - 100.
Here is a simple use cases: You are a content owner and you want to see which pages contributed to (participated in) visits that contained an email sign-up. Here’s how:
- Create a new metric in the Calculated Metric Builder.
- Drag the success event "Orders" into the Definition canvas.
- Change the attribution model of that event to Participation under the Settings gear. Select Visit lookback. The definition should look similar to this:
- Save the metric.
- Use the calculated metric in a Pages report.
- (Optional) Share the metric with other users in your organization.