Depending on your permissions, you can share segments with your whole organization, groups, or individual users.
Can share segments with All, with Groups, and with Users. Groups are set up as permission groups in the Admin console.
Can share segments only with individual users.
When should you share segments with the entire company versus just a group of users or individuals? Here are some best practices you might follow:
- As an Admin, share a segment with All if it's of use to the entire company and everyone is comfortable using it. In this case, you should also consider making it an approved segment.
- As an Admin, share a segment with a specific Group if the segment provides good business value for that team. Do not officially approve this type of segment.
- As an Admin or an individual user, share a segment with other individuals to vet and validate a segment. If it doesn't prove useful, it can be discarded. Do not officially approve this type of segment.
- In the Segment Manager, mark the checkbox next to the segment you want to share. The segment management tool bar appears:
- Click Share.If you are an Admin, you can select All or choose from Groups and Users in your organization. As a non-Admin, you can see only individual users. Use the Search field to search for groups or users. 1. Click Share.The Shared icon appears next to the segment:
- You can filter on segments shared with you by going to Filters > Other Filters > Shared with Me.