Things to know before you migrate
The following list contains changes you need to understand before switching to this new AppMeasurement version:
- Some plug-ins are no longer supported. See AppMeasurement Plug-in Support.
- The library and page code can be deployed inside the <head> tag.
- Your existing page code is compatible with the new version.
- The library provides native utilities to get query parameters, read and write cookies, and perform advanced link tracking.
Frequently Asked Questions
See the FAQ for information about performance, video tracking, mobile, and more.
Call s_gi(), passing the report suite ID to initialize an AppMeasurement instance:
var s_account="INSERT-RSID-HERE" var s=s_gi(s_account)
When s_gi is called, if an AppMeasurement instance does not exist for the specified s_account, a new instance is created. Otherwise the existing instance is returned. This helps avoid creating duplicate objects for the same account.
Retrieve an AppMeasurement instance
Throughout your code, call the global s_gi() function to retrieve an existing AppMeasurement instance.
A new clearVars method is available to clear the following values from the instance object:
- 3-7x faster than H.25 code.
- Only 21k uncompressed and 8k gzipped (H.25 code is 33k uncompressed and 13k gzipped).
- Native support for several common plugins ().
- Small and fast enough to be used with mobile sites, and robust enough to be used on the full desktop web, allowing you to leverage a single library across all web environments.